Topic: New Plymouth: St Mary's Peace Memorial Hall
Vivian Street, New Plymouth
The hall was designed by local architects Messenger, Griffiths and Taylor for the Congregates of St Mary's. The commemoration stone was laid by Mayor Frank Wilson - 1 June 1924.
Contractors were J T Julian and Son and the hall was opened by Bishop Dr A W Averill on 7 November 1924.
(Granite plaque to right of entrance lobby)
This building is
by the Parishioners of St Mary's
To the Glory of God
And to commemorate
The termination of the
11th November 1918