Topic: Lepperton War Memorial
Manutahi Road and Highway 3A, Lepperton
Lepperton War Memorial
Large square obelisk made from local andesite stone blocks - quarried on a neighbouring farm - on a concrete base. Black granite panels bear the names of the men of the district who fell in the Great War (1914-18). Also includes H B Lepper, who fell in the World War II.
Unveiled by Lieut-Colonel C H Weston on 28 November 1920 (See Document below)
by the Residents of
Lepperton and Sentry Hill
to the Memory of their men
who fell in the Great War
In the Cause of
Liberty Justice and Humanity
Pte A. Burnard Lieut H. M. Lepper M.C.
A. L. Cartwright Pte Bert Luke
L/Corp J. Crofskey Tpr R. Paul
Gnr T. V. Feakins Pte G. Payne
J. H. Griffin T. F. Stewart
Pte W. H. Harrold Rilmn J. G. C. Simpson
Sergt H. J. Jeffery D.C.M. Pte S. West
1939 - 1945
H. B. (Brison) Lepper
Harper Mervyn, Lieut, MC
KIA Age 20, Iraq (Mesopotamian Front) Battle at Sanniayat, 9 April 1916.
With British forces – 13th Division, & Middlesex Regiment.
Military Cross won at Hooge (Belgium)
in 1915. Sent to Sandhurst from NPBHS and obtained commission 3 months