Topic: Meremere Hall - 1952

Topic type:

Meremere Road, Meremere

Meremere Hall - 2014 

Meremere Hall - closed 1989

 

The first Meremere hall was originally a store opposite the Melrose dairy factory. The store closed in 1934-5 and became the hall until, in 1951 it became so dilapidated that it was replaced and the new hall opened in 1952. Use of the new hall declined until, in 1989, it too was closed. It was sold to a neighbouring farmer in 1991 and became a woolshed.

Reference: Ohangai School Centennial & Districts' History, 2006.

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Tags

Meremere Hall - 1952


City:Meremere
Meremere Hall - 1952 by Ron is Copyright Act 1994