Topic: Strathmore War Memorial Hall

Topic type:

Strathmore War Memorial Hall 

Originally built in the 1890s, the Strathmore hall was renovated as a soldiers' memorial in 1952. It was demolished  about Sept 2006.

Visit Fiona Jack's Living Halls   

In 2008 a bronze statue of a soldier was erected as a war memorial on the site of the hall. (see Topic link below)

The bronze plaque from the hall is attached to the fence alongside the memorial. The memorial was unveiled on 8 Nov 2008. (See Taranaki Daily News 20 Oct 2008) The rolls of honour from the hall are in the Stratford RSA.

Bronze Plaque from the Strathmore Hall

                                                                          This hall is dedicated

                                                                                as a memorial

                                                                            to those who made

                                                                          the supreme sacrifice

                                                                              in the service of

                                                                                their country

                                                                                   1939 - 45


                                                                    "Greater love hath no man"



Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion