Topic: Stratford War Memorial Hall - 1955

Topic type:

Stratford War Memorial Hall - 1955

Stratford's first town hall was built in 1884 but burned down in 1886. It was quickly replaced but this building was also destroyed by fire a few years later. The third town hall, built in 1902 on Juliet Street, served for many years until demolished in 1990.

The present War Memorial Centre was designed by Wellington architect  Maurice Patient and opened in April 1955.

Visit Fiona Jack's Living Halls

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion