Topic: Inglewood Town Hall - 1913

Topic type:

Cutfield Street, Inglewood

Inglewood Town Hall  

Inglewood Town Hall

Built in 1913 by  Walter Codd, the architects were the New Plymouth firm of Percival and Messenger. The town hall was, with its sprung floor, reputed at the time to be one of the finest in Taranaki. The hall was completely restored in 2013 and re-opened in October that year. It was, for many years, Inglewood’s Civic Theatre. One of the last managers (1961-77) was Vin Scanlon, who also operated a movie truck (1939-59) which toured north Taranaki showing movies at local halls.

The theatre originally had a fly tower and decorative urns with a central cupola on the top of the facade.



 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion