Topic: Huirangi Hall - 1873/1885

Topic type:

Bayly Street, Huirangi

 

 Huirangi Hall.  

 

 The Huirangi Hall started life in 1873 as the original Huirangi School. In 1885 the old school building was purchased by the 'Huirangi Institute', and shifted on rollers to its present location to serve as a hall - the whole project cost £31 12s 5d. The main hall area was extended in 1914, a supper room was added in 1924, the western wall extended in 1931, and the dressing rooms and toilets rebuilt in 1961 (for more information see A history of the School and district of Huirangi: written for the Centennial Jubilee 13-14 May, 1972).

 

Huirangi Hall

Huirangi Hall

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion