Topic: Hawera War Memorial Hall and Community Hall
70 Albion Street, Hawera
Hawera War Memorial Hall
Constructed in 1957 by W.Williamson Co Limited. Architect, Graeme Laurenson and Associates.
Foundation stone laid by Major General Sir Howard Kippenberger on 9 February 1957.
(Part of the complex - the Memorial Theatre - was closed in 2015 due to earthquake safety concerns. Strengthening work has been completed and it has re-opened)