Stratford War Memorial Hall - 1955
Original Filename: Stratford_War_Mem_017.jpg (view)
Original Size: 2.3 MB
Original Image Type: image/pjpeg
Stratford's first town hall was built in 1884 but burned down in 1886. It was quickly replaced but this building was also destroyed by fire a few years later. The third town hall, built in 1902 on Juliet Street, served for many years until demolished in 1990.
The present War Memorial Centre was designed by Wellington architect Maurice Patient and opened in 1955.
Click on the link below
Photograph: Ron Lambert