Strathmore War Memorial Hall
Original Filename: Strathmore_29Aug06.jpg (view)
Original Size: 483.9 KB
Original Image Type: image/pjpeg
Originally built in the 1890s, the Strathmore hall was renovated as a soldiers' memorial in 1952. It was demolished about Sept 2006.
Click on the link below
In 2008 a bronze statue of a soldier was erected as a war memorial on the site of the hall. (see Link below)
The bronze plaque from the hall is attached to the fence alongside the memorial. The memorial was unveiled on 8 Nov 2008. (See Taranaki Daily News 20 Oct 2008) The rolls of honour from the hall are in the Stratford RSA.
Bronze Plaque from the Strathmore Hall
This hall is dedicated
as a memorial
to those who made
the supreme sacrifice
in the service of
1939 - 45
"Greater love hath no man"