Topic: North Taranaki Clifton Dairy Company - Waipapa Branch

Topic type:

SHW 3, Motunui. Demolished about 1985-6.

North Taranaki Co-op - Waipapa Factory 

North Taranaki Clifton Co-op - Waipapa Factory: PHO2002-508

This Waipapa Branch of North Taranaki  was built in 1928. In 1961  the Clifton Co-operative was formed by the amalgamation of North Taranaki, Okau, Uruti, Waitoetoe, Tikorangi and Waitara-Taranaki. The branch then operated as a cheese factory until about 1967. In 1978 a fibreglass manufacturing business, J & E Wilkes Industries operating in the Waipapa Branch was badly damaged by a fire.(See Image and Documents below) The building was later used by contractors working on the Synfuel - now Methanex - plant opposite and it was demolished about 1986.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

North Taranaki Clifton Dairy Company - Waipapa Branch


City:Waitara