Topic: Waitoetoe (Waitoitoi) Co-operative Dairy Factory

Topic type:

SHW 3, Mimi

Waitoetoe Co-op Dairy Factory

Waitoetoe Co-op Dairy Factory

The Waitoitoi company was established and the factory opened in 1915 (See Taranaki Daily News 4 Sept 1915 in Documents below) The architect was Arthur D Blick of Stratford. In 1942 the 1915 factory was destroyed by fire and replaced with the illustrated building.

(Architect, Arthur Blick (1868-1946) established in Stratford in 1911 and designed several commercial buildings and residences as welll as Ngaere and Waitoetoe (Urenui) dairy factories. He appears to have moved to Ohakune in 1918.)



Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion


Tags: A D Blick

Waitoetoe (Waitoitoi) Co-operative Dairy Factory

Waitoetoe (Waitoitoi) Co-operative Dairy Factory by Ron is Copyright Act 1994