Topic: St Patrick's Catholic Church (Okato)

Topic type:

The first St. Patrick's Church was built in 1880/81 on the seaward side of the present church.

It was replaced by the church above, which was designed by architect Patrick George Smith and built by Messrs Cumming and Son. Archbishop Redwood blessed and opened St Patrick's on Sunday, March 29, 1896.

In 1954 the main body of the building was extended almost doubling the capacity of the congregation.

Please view linked attached document for more information: source, "St. Patrick's Catholic Church 1896-1996". (TRCT283 STP).

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion