Topic: Cornerstone Baptist Church (Westown)
This church is located on the corner of Tukapa and Omata Roads. (1-3 Omata Road)
This piece of land was surveyed in 1959 and the existing old wooden house removed for the construction of a Presbyterian Church Hall designed by Harvey & Bowering. Plans dated August 1960 are among NPDC property files.
Also amongst the property files are drawings from 1977 with the building on the site now labelled "Church of Christ". A sign was proposed for the Omata corner which read "A Church of Christ: Holding Life and Advent Truths".
Major additions and alterations were undertaken about 2006-07. Designed by Roughan Design they involved a new block to the west of the existing building. These were carried out for what was then known as the Westown Baptist Community Centre.