Topic: St Paul's Church (Urenui)

Topic type:

St Paul's Church (Urenui) 

In 1887, with £55-0-0 in hand, it was decided to call for tenders for the construction of an Anglican church in Urenui. The successful tender came from Mr.C.Cooper, £143-0-0 (unlined).

The section was gifted by Captain Thomas Wilson, and the church was completed in 1889.The following year the church was lined (£18-4-3), an organ purchased (£22-10-0), and a font (£4-10-).

St Paul's Church remained unaltered until 1969, when St John's in Waitara provided a number of items including; a vestry, basin, built-in sink unit, and a toilet.

The Lych Gate at the entrance was dedicated by the Bishop of Waikato, Rev. John Holland, on 12 April, 1970.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion