Topic: Calvin Presbyterian Church (Urenui)

Topic type:

Calvin Church (TH 26/01/1988)                                                      

                                    (Calvin Church on the move 26 January 1988, Taranaki Herald)

This small Presbyterian Church in Urenui was opened on 23 April, 1924. The Topless family donated the land, materials for the building and paid the tradesman.

Services were conducted regularly until the mid 1970s when falling attendances resulted in a merger with the local Methodist congregation who used the church until 1978.

In 1987 the land and building was purchased by a neighbour, Mr Joel Busby. He then sold the church to Bruce Baker and on 16 January 1988 the building was moved to a new site alongside the Mimi River to be refurbished as a private residence.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion