Topic: Urenui Methodist Church (Church of the Good Shepherd)

Topic type:

Urenui Methodist Church 

This Methodist Church in Urenui was opened and dedicated on the 14 December, 1913. Located on Takiroa Street, the church was built at a cost of £150, on land bought from Mr McKenzie for £25.

In 1935 the church was badly damaged by a cyclone forcing it to close while repairs were carried out. It re-opened in 1936, but was hit by another bad storm in 1951. This second incident forced the congregation to lower the original steeply-pitched roof to avoid further damage to the church.

Further modifications were undertaken in 1964.

The church celebrated its centennial in December 2013.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Urenui Methodist Church (Church of the Good Shepherd)


City:Urenui