Topic: Knox Presbyterian Church 1914 (Waitara)

Topic type:

Knox Presbyterian Church (Waitara) 

This Presbyterian church in Grey Street, Waitara was opened in 1914. It was a concrete building with a capacity of 180 and cost £576.

A small hall was built next door in 1932. A new hall replaced this in the early 1950s - timber for this was hauled out of the bush at Pehu by the then minister, Mr.L.Moore and parishoners.

The church was demolished in September 2011. The new Knox Presbyterian Church was opened on the 16th of February 2013. (see linked topic)

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Knox Presbyterian Church 1914 (Waitara)


City:Waitara