Topic: Building Investment Ltd - 1940

Topic type:

113 - 115 Devon Street East, New Plymouth

Building Investments  

Building Investment Ltd

113 - 115 Devon Street East, New Plymouth

1940

A factory in rear (originally McLeod & Slade Printers) and shops in front now (2012) housing Annah S, Elixir and Subway in Devon Street.

In April 1940 an old wooden building on the site - known locally as the "Green Mill" - was demolished to make way for the new Bate's designed building. According to the Taranaki Herald, the Green Mill was built in the early 1900s, and was originally the Masonic Stables. Later, with the advent of the motor-car, it became a garage, run in the 1930s by Mr E.A. Elliott. Also in the 1930s, one section of the building housed the Green Mill miniature golf course. 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion