Topic: Taranaki Club, Queen/St Aubyn Streets (1921)

Topic type:

Corner St. Aubyn/ Queen Streets, New Plymouth

 Taranaki Club

 Corner St. Aubyn/ Queen Streets, New Plymouth

 1921

 The Taranaki Club was established in 1892 and occupied premises in Egmont Street before these clubrooms, designed by Bates, were opened in 1921. The club amalgamated with the Commercial Traveller's Club in 1993 but the building was sold soon after and briefly became a functions centre. It is now apartments.

The building permit register lists an estimated construction cost of £10, 000, with 'Burrell' the contractor/builder.

Photo: Eileen Moss about 1924

(Puke Ariki Collection, A2b.49)

Plans held by Puke Ariki - ARC2013-1557

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Taranaki Club, Queen/St Aubyn Streets (1921)


City:New Plymouth
Taranaki Club, Queen/St Aubyn Streets (1921) by Kete Site Admin is Copyright Act 1994