Topic: St Mary's Community Centre (1888)

Topic type:

St Mary's Community Hall 

St Mary's Community Centre is located on Vivian Street opposite St Mary's Cathedral. It is connected to St Mary's Peace Memorial Hall.

The community centre, also once known as the Badminton Hall, was built in 1888 for about £320 by R.Early. The architect was James Sanderson.

A classroom, built by George Cliff for £55, was added in 1902. The hall housed the Sunday School and in the 1920s a daily kindergarten.

In 1979 a porch was added at the north-east corner.

.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion