Topic: Stevenson's Bungalow, 50 Hobson Street (1925-26)

Topic type:

50 Hobson Street 2018

2018 View: By Hamish Crimp

Percy Jury purchased the vacant Town Section 1590 from Jane Salter in October 1925, and subsequently constructed both this house and neighbouring 52 Hobson Street. 

Whilst a permit can be found for the construction of neighbouring 52 Hobson Street, no permit has been located for the construction of this house - it is unclear why it is not recorded.

Ownership of the northern half of Town Section 1590 was transferred to John Stevenson in late-November 1925, and he first appears as residing in this location in Hobson Street in the 1927 edition of Wises Post Office Directory. 

John remained living in the house until his death on the 29th of May 1942, and is buried in the nearby Te Henui Cemetery. 

See: Taranaki Land Deeds Index I13, page 251 & 254

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Stevenson's Bungalow, 50 Hobson Street (1925-26)


City:New Plymouth