Topic: Pederson/Holmes Residence, 146 Pioneer Road (1912)

Topic type:

146 Pioneer Road 2018

2018 View: By Hamish Crimp

This wooden home was constructed by/for Mr and Mrs Pederson in 1912, and is located within the 'Spotswood Settlement', surveyed in 1903.

At the December 1911 Monthly Meeting of the Taranaki Land Board, Mrs J. K. Pederson was granted the lease of Sections 80, 81, 82 and 83, Block 4, Paritutu. The present home was likely constructed soon after obtaining the lease, with Anders Pederson, a farmer, first listed as living at this location in the 1913 edition of Wises Street Directory - at this time Pioneer Road was still called Barrett Road. 

The Pederson's are last listed as living at this location in the 1920 edition of Wises Street Directory, and are thought to have sold the property to New Plymouth builder James Allen Holmes and his wife Paula sometime that year.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Pederson/Holmes Residence, 146 Pioneer Road (1912)


City:New Plymouth