Topic: Pukekura Park Tennis Club Pavilion (1933)

Topic type:

This pavilion was constructed in 1933 for the Park Tennis and Croquet Club (renamed the Pukekura Park Tennis Club in 1975), as a replacement for their original (circa 1910) pavilion. It was originally located on Victoria Road, and was relocated to its present location when the club shifted to this site in 1953.

A permit was granted by the Borough Council to the Park Tennis and Croquet Club on 7 August 1933 for the construction of a pavilion at Pukekura Park, on Victoria Road - H. Peterson was the builder, and the estimated construction cost was listed as £300 (club records confirm a final cost of £337).

The remains of a low retaining wall and steps can still be seen at the Victoria Road site (see linked topic), and were probably also constructed in 1933.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion