Topic: 100 Tukapa Street (1900s)

Topic type:

This well-kept cottage was probably constructed for New Plymouth land agent Walter Bewley as an investment property in the early 1900s.

Bewley owned Lot 45 from 1902 until June 1914, when R. May purchased the property. May didn't own it for long, with the section sold to T. V. Simons in March 1917, and then to Albert Prestney, an engineer, in May 1919 - Prestney owned the property until at least 1926 when the property title was issued under the Land Transfer Act. 

See Taranaki Land Deeds Index I13, pages 424 and 743

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion