Topic: 52 Hobson Street (1925)

Topic type:

52 Hobson Street 2017

2017 View: By Hamish Crimp

Constructed by Percy Jury, this bungalow was the first home of Arthur and Cecil (nee Brydon) Gilbert, who were married in 1925. Percy Jury purchased the vacant Town Section 1590 from Jane Salter in October 1925, and subsequently constructed both this house and neighbouring 50 Hobson Street. 

A permit was granted by the Borough Council to P. Jury on 19 October 1925 for the construction of a house on Part Town Section 1590, Lemon & Hobson Streets - Jury was the builder, and the estimated construction cost was £800.

Ownership of the southern half of Town Section 1590 and this house was transferred to Cecil Gilbert in late-October 1926. 

See: Taranaki Land Deeds Index I13, page 251

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion