Topic: BNZ Branch 1977 - Cnr Devon Street East and Gover Street

Topic type:

BNZ Branch Building 

This two-storey building on the corner of Devon Street East and Gover Street was built in 1977 for the Bank of New Zealand. It was designed by Thomson, Buchan and Chong and the contractors were Broon and Hawkins Constructors Ltd.

The BNZ opened a branch on this site in 1953, and this building (see below) was demolished to make way for the new bank premises. The fruit shop next door was also demolished. 

The ground floor offices are presently (2015) occupied by the NZCU Baywide.

BNZ Branch Building (Old Building).

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion