Topic: 240 & 242 Devon Street West (circa 1900)

Topic type:

240 & 242 Devon Street West  

These two cottages were built for Mr Robert Baker, a retired farmer from Mangorei Road, about 1900. 

Town Section 217 was purchased by Baker from J. Downe in July 1900. Robert Baker retained ownership of the section until his death in 1913 - it then appears the section was subdivided in 1914.

The rear of the properties can be seen in the linked image which was taken c1905.

See: Taranaki Land Deeds Index I5 page 567, I13 page 694 (western cottage), & I13 page 680 (eastern cottage)

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

240 & 242 Devon Street West (circa 1900)


City:New Plymouth
240 & 242 Devon Street West (circa 1900) by Mike Gooch is Copyright Act 1994