Topic: Flight House

Topic type:

This board and batten house was built in 1868 for the Flight family. It was originally located on the corner of Courtenay and Eliot streets - where Education House now stands. Old town section number 1477.

In 1984 it was relocated to the Taranaki Polytechnic for restoration. The lengthy project was eventually completed in 1989 and the following year it was shifted to New Plymouth Girls High School.

Flight House has a category II registration with the New Zealand Historic Places Trust.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion