Topic: Inglewood County Council Offices (former) (1924)

Topic type:

The Inglewood County Council employed noted New Plymouth architects Messenger, Griffiths and Taylor to design their new offices in 1924 - the successful tenderer for construction of the building was Mr F. C. Cooper. 

The new offices were officially opened at a well-attended ceremony on 19 December 1924, and received high praise from both council members and guests.  The building was described as being both attractive, and solid in appearance on account of its concrete construction. 

The exterior was finished with white Atlas cement and silver sand.  Inside, the walls were finished with cement plaster, the floors with linoleum and cork; modern electric lights and heaters were also installed.  

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion