Topic: Sacred Heart Presbytery (1911)

Topic type:

Sacred Heart Presbytery 2018

2018 View: By Hamish Crimp

This grand two-storied villa was constructed in 1911 as a catholic presbytery for the neighbouring Sacred Heart Church. 

The architect was J. T. Mannix, who advertised for tenders for its construction in January 1911.

The villa is very similar in style to the two-storied villas designed by James Sanderson and Frank Messenger in the late 1890s and early 1900s, with 1911 particularly late for a villa in this style. 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Sacred Heart Presbytery (1911)