Topic: Honeyfield Fountain - 1907

Topic type:

Regina Place, Coastal Walkway, New Plymouuth

The Honeyfield Fountain is located in Regina Place which forms part of the coastal walkway.

It was donated to the city by former resident, Mrs Alice Honeyfield. Built in 1907 by Christchurch monumental mason G.W.J.Parsons, and installed by local stonemason William Short.

In 2006 it was temporarily dismantled and conserved, before being reinstalled in 2007.

In the early hours of 27 April 2013 a stolen Honda City, driven by a 15-year-old youth, crashed through the fence at the end of Dawson Street almost completely destroying the Honeyfield Fountain.

Restoration work was carried out by Stone Conservation Ltd, Auckland and the fountain was reinstalled on 28 February 2014. (See Documents below)

 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion