Topic: Waitara Police Station (Former), 3 Parris Street (circa 1940)

Topic type:

Waitara Police Station (Former) 2019

2019 View: By Hamish Crimp

This building was constructed about 1940 as the Waitara Police Station - It served this purpose until the 1980s when the property was sold.

This property was purchased by the Police Department from W. Wilkes in December 1910; at the time of purchase there was a large villa residence on the property which was retained.

During 1911 alterations were made to the villa residence, with a new lock-up (now located at Memorial Place), also constructed at this time.

It seems the station remained without a dedicated office until construction of the present building.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Waitara Police Station (Former), 3 Parris Street (circa 1940)


City:Waitara