All three publications were monthly magazines featuring the social and sporting life of New Plymouth and the surrounding district.

The original publication was the North Taranaki Foto News which first appeared in 1956. As far as we know only two issues were ever published.

The New Plymouth Photo News began with edition no. 1 (February 1957) and ceased with no. 126 (1 October 1966). The name was changed to Taranaki Photo News at edition no. 127 (29 October 1966), and the numbering changed in 1973. The final issue was volume 22 issue no.11, published on 16 December 1981.

In 1959 Clifford Allen, photographer from Inglewood, started up 'Taranaki Spotlight'. The first issue was published February 1959 and the publication folded after the 31st issue in September 1961.

(Scanned copies are courtesy of Murray Evans)

Contents by type

Random Image from the Archive

Taranaki Spotlight - Issue #1 Cover.

Blank Play/Pause Slideshow. Next Image.