Topic: St Joseph's Church 1887 (Hawera)

Topic type:

St Joseph's Church 1887 (Hawera) 

This was the second Catholic church built in Hawera and was opened on 12 June 1887.

The architect was Thomas Turnbull from Wellington and Mr G. Syme, of Hawera, built the church for the contract price of £760.

It was replaced by a larger building in 1928. Located on Victoria Street, the same site as the present Catholic church.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

St Joseph's Church 1887 (Hawera)


City:Hawera