Topic: H. Derby & Co. Ford Dealers (Devon Street East)
This building was erected in 1919 for the local Ford agents, H.Derby & Co. Ltd. It combined showrooms, offices, spare parts, workshop, pumps, and storage for up to 80 vehicles.
It was designed by T.H.Bates and built by Boon Bros. for the contract price of £5,325 and 10s.
Located on the south side of Devon Street East in the block between Liardet and Gover Streets. It was one of the buildings demolished to make way for "The Warehouse".
(see linked images for a view of Devon Street East in 1941)