All Results in Stratford Buildings topics

showing 1-5 results of 12 [
]
  Otago Chambers in Fenton Street was erected for the law firm, Halliwell and Thomson, in 1914. One of the founders, Mr Percy Thomson, attended Otago University, hence the name. It was
Presently known as the TET King's Theatre due to a sponsorship agreement with the Taranaki Electricity Trust. The theatre opened on New Year's Eve, 1917, with a showing of the
  This two-storey building on Broadway was officially opened on 8 June 1916 by the Mayor, Mr Jos.W.Boon. It was designed by local architect, Mr J.D.Healy and the contractor was Mr.
  This two-storey concrete building in Stratford's main street was erected in 1926 for a syndicate of business owners trading as Broadway Buildings Ltd. A block of shops on the same site,
Adolph Manoy arrived in New Zealand in 1904, settling first in Motueka. He moved to Stratford in 1909 and set up a small drapery store. The business was a success and