All Results in topics

showing 16-20 results of 2349 [
]
The Octagon, Manaia
                                                                                        New Plymouth Buildings The architectural make-up of New Plymouth since European settlement stretches from the early cottages of the1840s to the shiny steel-plated exterior of the planned Len Lye Centre. In between
  The 1995 NPDC Heritage Study describes this building on the corner of Currie and Gill Streets as, "a strong no-nonsense piece of architecture, typical of public building of the 1950s,
  Located on the corner of Devon Street West and Currie Street. A permit was issued for the construction of "Shops and Offices for Mssrs Sole Bros" on 15 May, 1928.
  This two-storey concrete building, built in 1913, replaced a more modest wooden structure, John Veale's grocery shop. A building permit was isssued to Mr.A.Veale on 30 May, 1913 for commercial premises