Topic: 53 Buller Street (1919)

Topic type:

A permit was granted to Alfred Smith on November 4th 1919 for the construction of a 'cottage' on Town Section 1300 (this is a mistake in the permit book, it should be section 1301) in Buller Street - Jones & Sandford were the builders and the house had an estimated construction cost of £800.

This house is thought to be the second dwelling constructed by New Plymouth firm Jones & Sandford.

Smith sold the property to Thomas Willson in July 1922 (who also purchased neighbouring 14 Octavius Place at the same time).

The house was one of three dwelings removed from the site in 1997 when Chalmers undertook major renovations.

It is presently unknown where the house was relocated.

See Taranaki Land Deeds Index I13 page 253; The Daily News, 14 October 1997, page 17

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion