Topic: McNiven Residence, 74 Buller Street (1923)

Topic type:

74 Buller Street 2017

2017 View: By Hamish Crimp

The permit that probably relates to the construction of the present house at 74 Buller Street was granted by the Borough Council on the 22 of March 1923 for the construction of a house on Town Section 1324 - F. Trevorrow was the builder, and the estimated construction cost was £600.

The permit was granted to H. J. Watkins, although this may be a mistake as he never appears to have owned the section. The owner at the time the permit was granted was E. L. Spence, who soon sold the eastern portion of Town Section 1324 to plumber William James McNiven in late-May 1923.

Wises Post Office Directories list a John William McNiven as residing at the property - it is possible this is a mistake.

William McNiven resided at the house until his death on the 25th of July 1940. 

See: Taranaki Land Deeds Index I5, pages 460 & 461

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

McNiven Residence, 74 Buller Street (1923)


City:New Plymouth