Topic: Victor Elliott Residence, 207 Devon Street West (1903)

Topic type:

207 Devon Street West 2017

2017 View: By Hamish Crimp

This attractive square-fronted villa was constructed for Victor Elliot in 1903.

Town Section 248 was purchased by the Primitive Methodist Church in 1897, and the property subdivided a few years later. In January 1903, Newton King advertised the sale of a number of freehold and leasehold sections on behalf of the Primitive Methodist Church Trustees - Part Town Section 148 and several surrounding sections were advertised with 21 year leases. 

Victor Elliott purchased the lease of Lot C of Deeds Plan 46, and on 27 October 1903 was granted a permit for the construction of a residence by the Borough Council - the architect is listed as L. Jackson, and the estimated construction cost was £345. 

See Taranaki Land Deeds Index I1, page 365. 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion