Topic: C.C.Ward 1925 (47 Currie Street)
A permit for this two-storey building was issued on 11 March 1925. Although the architect is not noted in the register it's likely the firm Messenger, Griffiths & Taylor were responsible. They designed the companion building which was built a little later on Devon Street East (see linked topic).
The builders were Julian & Sons and the estimated cost was £2,250.
On 11 July 2017 the building was sealed off by the New Plymouth District Council after inspections revealed "gravity column damage". The laneway next to the building has been cordoned off and the owners now have 20 working days to supply a remedial plan. This timeframe can be extended if needed.
(Both this building and the one on Devon Street East are registered as a category 2 historic place with Heritage New Zealand)