All Results in New Plymouth Buildings topics
showing 1-5 results of 228 [ ]
A single storey timber building been built in the 1870s. A newspaper report in 1951 suggests the house was originally located in Devon Street before being moved to this Powderham Street location.
New Plymouth Buildings The architectural make-up of New Plymouth since European settlement stretches from the early cottages of the1840s to the shiny steel-plated exterior of the planned Len Lye Centre. In between
The 1995 NPDC Heritage Study describes this building on the corner of Currie and Gill Streets as, "a strong no-nonsense piece of architecture, typical of public building of the 1950s,
Located on the corner of Devon Street West and Currie Street. A permit was issued for the construction of "Shops and Offices for Mssrs Sole Bros" on 15 May, 1928.
This two-storey concrete building, built in 1913, replaced a more modest wooden structure, John Veale's grocery shop. A building permit was isssued to Mr.A.Veale on 30 May, 1913 for commercial premises