Topic: Sacred Heart Presbytery (1911)

Topic type:

Sacred Heart Presbytery 2018

2018 View: By Hamish Crimp

This grand two-storied villa was constructed in 1911 as a catholic presbytery for the neighbouring Sacred Heart Church. 

The architect was J. T. Mannix, who advertised for tenders for its construction in January 1911 - the sucessful tender was that of Messrs Hardwick and Danks for £998.

The villa is very similar in style to the two-storied villas designed by James Sanderson and Frank Messenger in the late 1890s and early 1900s, with 1911 particularly late for a villa in this style. 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Sacred Heart Presbytery (1911)


City:Inglewood