Topic: Plymouth Company Ships Plaque - New Plymouth Foreshore 2015

Topic type:

Plymouth Company Ships Plaque

This plaque was unveiled by then New Plymouth mayor, Andrew Judd, on 6 August 2015. It is located near the wind wand on the coastal walkway, close to the small bridge over the Huatoki Stream

The plaque commemorates the arrival of the six Plymouth Company ships which arrived in New Plymouth between 1841 and 1843. The first two vessels (William Bryan & Amelia Thompson) anchored off the beach at Ngāmotu, while the next four landed passengers and cargo near the mouth of the Huatoki Stream.

The plaque was organised by the local branch of the Founders' Society, represented at the unveiling by branch president, Adrienne Tatham.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion