Topic: Plymouth Company Pioneer Settler Plaque

Topic type:

Plymouth Company Settler Plaque

This plaque, located near the windwand on the coastal walkway, was unveiled on 6 August 2015. It was unveiled by then mayor, Andrew Judd, and paid for by the Taranaki branch of the Founders Society.

The plaque commemorates the Plymouth Company ships that arrived in New Plymouth between 1841 and 1843. While the first two ships anchored off Motorua, the next four ships unloaded passengers and cargo at the mouth of the Huatoki Stream.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion