All Results in Heritage Sites and Features topics

showing 1-5 results of 217 [
]
  This viaduct connecting Vivian and Leach Streets, across Carrington Street, was officially opened on 27 November, 1976. It was designed by the firm, Thomson, Buchan & Chong. The idea to
This concrete water trough sits just off State Highway 45, near the old Riverdale Dairy factory.  According to the Outer Hāwera Heritage Inventory, it was possibly installed in the 1880s
Plaque 1 - Airport Opening: Plaque 2 - Kingsford Smith/Southern Cross First Flight: Plaque 3 - Kingsford Smith & Charles Ulm Memorial.
The anchor from the barque Harriet, which founded off the Taranaki coast in 1834, was recovered in 1969 by the Gibson family. According to one of the party that found
  On 26 June 1924 the sixteen-room Waitotara Hotel was destroyed in a blaze that began about 10.00 pm. Fortunately, a strong northerly wind saved the township itself from any damage.